Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after latest update
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 04:12:46 +0530

In-line :-

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:32, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

<snipped>

> You could try debugging it using gdb:
>
> In adonthell-build/test, run
>
>    gdb worldtest
>
> Then from the gdb prompt:
>
>    run -g ../../adonthell/test data
>
> Then once you entered the suspected loop, press CTRL-C while the
> console window has focus. You should return to the gdb prompt. There
> type
>
>   bt
>
> and send me the stack trace. If there's a loop indeed, this should
> show where in the code it's hanging.
>
> Kai

Trying one thing at one time. For some reason got nothing so far.

:/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$ gdb worldtest
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
"/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test/worldtest": not in executable
format: File format not recognized
(gdb) run -g ../../adonthell/test data
Starting program:  -g ../../adonthell/test data
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb)

I do the worldtest file is an executable.

/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$ ls -l worldtest
-rwxr-xr-x 1 shirish staff 6991 Jan 17 11:18 worldtest

so don't know why gdb said that above .

Looking forward for ideas.
--
          Regards,