Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after latest update
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:35:39 +0530

In-line :-

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 14:09, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2011/1/17 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
>
>> The hitch comes when I went to the adonthell-build/test directory and
>> tried the two commands.
>>
>> /usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$./worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test data
>
> Could you turn off fullscreen mode (in ~/.adonthell/adonthell.xml) and
> check if there are some clues in the log output? The invocation itself
> looks alright and I'm fairly sure I checked everything in that needed
> to be there.

The fullscreen thing was a good idea. I disabled it and tried again.
This time again tried the first one and killed our hero/model

/usr/local/src/adonthell-build/test$./worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test data

After the poor guy was killed, the log went to a frenzy and was not
able to close. Even using the Close (X) on the top-right didn't
produce any tangible results.

I had to kill gnome-terminal to get back control.

I think it has something to do with the area thing when it goes into
negative or something.

Trying the second one as well, as of now its good but then its in
positive area right now.

area [622, 766, 0] - [662, 794, 80]

Some other stuff I noticed when it started running.

$ ./worldtest -g ../.. wastesedge
*** warning: directory '/usr/local/share/adonthell/games//' cannot be accessed!
*** warning: directory '/usr/local/share/adonthell/games/wastesedge/'
cannot be accessed!
*** configuration::option: No option 'Scale' in section 'Video'!
*** configuration::option: No option 'Width' in section 'Video'!
*** configuration::option: No option 'Height' in section 'Video'!
  Couldn't init audio: No available audio device
  audio::init() failed
*** info: Set internal view to 640 x 512.
*** info: Set display size to 640 x 512.
*** error: flat::get: parameter 'sdl' not available
*** error: flat::get: parameter 'paths' not available
*** error: flat::get: parameter 'forced_imp' not available
    Couldn't open file '../../wastesedge/audio/at-demo-2.ogg': Audio
device hasn't been opened
   area [587, 606, 0] - [630, 631, 80]

and then it starts.

If I do a CRTL+C when the character is alive I get this :-

^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../wastesedge/schedules/map/mapview.py", line 31, in
focus_on_character
    def focus_on_character (self, view, char_name):
KeyboardInterrupt

Whenever he goes to the edge of the world in either of the cases, some
kind of loop is there. I wish there was a way to log that and give it
to you but don't know how.

>> In the second instance, I do get the world but whenever our model/hero
>> goes out of the edge/falls down again get the screen with just the
>> arrow .
>
> I can try that tonight and see if I can reproduce the behaviour. Are
> you using SDL 1.2 or 1.3?

I think its sdl 1.2 don't really know how to test that.

> Kai

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल