Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Not able to get control of gnome-terminal after latest update
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:33:59 +0100

2011/1/28 Kai Sterker <address@hidden>:

> I now remember that I made a change to the flag that tells the main
> loop to quit. I have to look at that more closely, but I guess
> something is wrong with that.

I didn't really find anything wrong with that code change. However, I
have decreased the amount of logging that will be done in the absence
of libglog. Verbosity can still be increased by setting the
GLOG_minloglevel environment variable before running worldtest. I.e.

    GLOG_minloglevel=0 ./worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test/ data

The lower the value, the more logging you get. Negative values will
get you even more. By setting the value to 0, you should see a message
after pressing ESC:

   worldtest is stopping!

And it should do just that. Let me know if you don't get that message,
or if you see the message and it still does not stop.

What I noticed, however, is that when you press CTRL+C in the terminal
where you started worldtest, Python will catch that and refuse to kill
the program. Have to see if anything can be done about that.

Kai