[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:48:52 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-02) writes:

>>> Uh, I guess we have a Makefile target for doing the tagging.  Sorry,
>>> forgot.
>>
>> I need the final auctex-11.83.tar.gz to build the RPM (or am I missing
>> something? Yes, of course I can build straight from the spec file, but
>> IIRC we wanted to avoid this.), so I'd rather wait for Ralf to upload
>> it.

I don't have access to a broadband connection now.

> You can create the final tarball yourself, if you want.  There is a
> Makefile target for that, too.  Don't forget to send it over, so I can
> upload it (and it is identical to the one in the SRPM).

If somebody is interested, here is the Makefile I am using for
preparing a release and uploading distribution files:

BUILDSRCDIR=/usr/src/auctex/prog/new/auctex
COMMITTER_NAME="Ralf Angeli"
address@hidden
DIST_PREFIX=/usr/src/auctex/build-auctex/auctex-
TAG=11.83

.PHONY: release sign upload www-doc

release:
        cd ${BUILDSRCDIR} \
        && make release-commit TAG=${TAG} COMMITTER_NAME=${COMMITTER_NAME} \
           COMMITTER_EMAIL=${COMMITTER_EMAIL} \
        && make tar-ball TAG=${TAG} DIST_PREFIX=${DIST_PREFIX}

sign:
        cd ${BUILDSRCDIR} \
        && make full-release TAG=${TAG} DIST_PREFIX=${DIST_PREFIX}

upload:
        ncftpput ftp-upload.gnu.org /incoming/ftp auctex-ftp/*

www-doc:
        cd ${BUILDSRCDIR} \
        && make www-doc DIST_PREFIX=${DIST_PREFIX}

The directories ${DIST_PREFIX}www and ${DIST_PREFIX}ftp must exist for
this to work.

--
Ralf