Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:07:02 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-04) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Reiner Steib (2006-06-04) writes:
>>
>>> Hm, there are mkdir calls in the Makefile.  Do they fail for you?
>>
>> Ahem.  I just forgot that they are there.
>>
>> What I think is a bit dangerous are the rm -rf calls for deleting
>> these directories.  A better alternative would be to abort if the
>> directories exist and are not empty.
>
> They get called when you create the tarball (and only then).
> Everything else in the upload directory is directly dependent on the
> tarball.  It does not make sense to retain previous contents when
> creating a new tarball.

Did I write that?  It just happened to me that I lost the output of a
former release because I did not remember the make target silently
deletes those directories.

I'd move the directory deletion and recreation to a separate cleaning
target and abort the tarball creation if the directory is not empty.
For the sake of stupid people like myself.

--
Ralf