[avr-gcc-list] AvrX and pgm_read_byte_near()

From: Brian Cuthie
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AvrX and pgm_read_byte_near()
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:37:27 -0500

So I have an AvrX task that spins something like this:

        unsigned char b;

        while (1) {

                b = pgm_read_byte_near(0x54 /* or some other small
address */);

                /* write something to I/O so I can see what's happening
*/

                /* delay */
                AvrXDelay(&timer2, 100);
        }

Strangely, if I run this the I/O happens once and never again. If I
remove 'pgm_read_byte_near()' it works great.

Before I get some more gray hair trying to figure out what's hosing AvrX
(I'm guessing using the Z register has it unhappy), I thought I'd post
something here in hopes that I'm not the first person to see this
behavior.

Thanks

-brian