[Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:06:42 +0100

Hello Laurentiu, hi Stephen,

www.aldor.org is down again also cvs access does not work.

Ralf

On 02/14/2006 12:13 AM, C Y wrote:
--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:
But from my perspective (which may or may not be accurate) we are being hindered by the uncertainty surrounding SPAD vs. Aldor.
I that the Axiom is being hindered by the fact the Aldor is not yet
available as open source.

Certainly true.  However, based on your comments below, I would suggest
the following steps might be immediately useful:

a)  Post the downloads for aldor on the Axiom site (I still can't get
through to aldor.org :-( and the site is slower now) - I think this is
allowed under the license no problem.

b)  Let's incorporate aldor into the main Axiom now - if it is firm we
will be using Aldor (and based on my recollection everyone is in
agreement Aldor is the way forward over SPAD) lets not wait for the
legal stuff to finalize - that could take many more months.