Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:24:42 -0500

> Agreed.  Am I correct that the logical starting point is to identify
> where the compiler ends and the math begins (whether it is set/category
> theory or Axiom's domain and cagetory implementation or whatever) and
> get the core parts documented and working on top of Aldor?

The logical starting point might be to try to encode your units work
in Axiom using Aldor. Since you don't depend on anything there cannot
be an issue. And it will provide a learning experience for us all since
you'll be the first person to combine Axiom, Literate Programming, and
Aldor. If you document the steps properly it can become a whole chapter
in the Axiom developer book (vol 4). For reference look at the documentation
I wrote for developing polynomials using the Aldor compiler.