Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [build Axiom] updated Windows buildinstruction

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [build Axiom] updated Windows buildinstructions
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:18:36 +0200

Hi,

The file src/doc/ps/segbind.ps is only available
in the tla repository

As far as I can tell this file is garbage that happened to get
caught in the archive. It is probably manually saved from the
graphic produced by the draw command in the file
'src/input/segbind.input'.

is it possible with axiom to say "draw(...)" and then save the generated picture as a .ps file or a .png without manual interaction? I basically want

  echo "draw(...)" | axiom > picture.ps

The reason is that in book.pamphlet there appear via

\spadcommand{draw(...)}

the commands that produce the pictures given in the book. With a little rewriting that could be automated and these .ps files in src/doc/ps could go away. Note that we should then also be able to produce higher resulution pictures (if Axiom allows it).

Ralf