certi-devel

RE: [certi-dev] FlightGear simulation latency

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] FlightGear simulation latency
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:46:46 +0200

> > It's funny: The RPR FOM has velocity and acceleration values but
does
> > not have flaps, lights or landing gear indication. The ASN has the
> > indicators, but does not have velocity and acceleration.
>
> It seems that ASN primarily focuses on simulating long-distance
flights
> instead of closeup scenarios.
> Does this mean that "someone" (TM) should convince them to add linear
> and angular velocities and accelerations to their aircraft object with
> the next update to their FOM ? There are quite a few big parties
> involved in ASN ....

The ASN group is a bit enclosed. They ignore HLA enthusiasts like me.

The federates (players) don't have to understand all FOM parameters.
This means we can develop a proprietary FOM extension that preserves a
backward-compatibility with the native RPR/ASN federates. Of course,
this will work only until the RPR/ASN decides to extend their FOM in a
different way.

Petr