Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:56:37 +0900

At Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:30:50 +0900,
Daishi Kato wrote:
> > > - In order to support persistent connection, the support of
> > >  Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> > >  would be required;
> > >  but I didn't come up with a nice implementation idea for http:GET.
> > >  Any comments?
> >
> > Currently I can't think of anything helpful on these two points.
>
> Well, I will try more on the first one.
> For the second one, comments would be nice from anyone on the list
> who are interested in HTTP/1.1.

It does not seem too difficult to implement the chunked encoding,
if the efficiency is ignored.

One thing I can't figure out is
how to parse a hex number in a string.
For example, I want to get a number
 58
from a string
 "3a"

It's like the opposite of (format "~X" ...).
Such procedure in Chicken?

Thanks,
Daishi