Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: 22 Mar 2003 15:48:18 +0100

Serg Stoyan <stoyan@hologr.com> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Currently I'm working on fixing as much as possible NSMenu* and
> NSPopUp* related problems and bugs. I've found semi-working horizontal
> menus code. I've search through mail list archive and found discussions
> about horizontal menus. As a result of this discussion was:
>
> 1. Doesn't add horizontal menus into GNUstep library.
> 2. If someone needs this, reach this feature by making theme bundle.
> (example: http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/sillytheme-0.0.tar.gz)
>
> So, finally, we have to decide: Do we need horizontal menus in GNUstep
> library or not? There is 2 ways:
>
> 1. We decide to leave horizontal menus -- I'll finish implementation.
> 2. We decide to remove -- I'll remove horizontal menus code.

I do not care either way.  But if you want to implement horizontal menus
I really would opt for splitting the NSMenuView class into two
different classes.  (See my posts in reply to Fred Kiefer.)
The current NSMenuView class is a total mess because it tries to do
3 things at the same time: Vertical, popup and horizontal.

Wim Oudshoorn.