Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> C

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:45:43 -0500

On 2004-01-12 19:55:56 +0100 Fabien VALLON <fabien.vallon@fr.alcove.com> wrote:
Because it comes from Apple

I see some people complains about non portability with Cocoa.
I don't see any patch (that could be included: NSDocument arch./NSSavePanel
delegate update...) or extensions.

Maybye (you or Alex Perez) are not developers ...
Are you only doing politic and flamewars ?

It's true that I'm not much of a developer. I've contributed a little bit of code here and there. Wrote some Makefiles to make SMySQL build with GNUstep, working on a port of CocoaMySQL, done a lot of evangelizing and promotion.

I'm not also not trying to engage in flamewars. I'm just summarizing the most violently anti-Apple statements I've seen from some on this list. My view is that a few people are just bitter that Apple has taken charge of their "baby" and oppose anything that Apple does.

There are probably some good arguments that toolbars are not good UI design, or that they aren't implemented well. But nobody is forcing those folks to use it; and it doesn't do damage to implement them. They still oppose it, even though it's harmless. I can't find any reason other than petty childishness for such views. If those people who take that position would like to enlighten me and clarify their opinions, I'll gladly take back my assessment.