Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> C

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:21:41 +0100

Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
Fabien VALLON wrote:

I see some people complains about non portability with Cocoa.
I don't see any patch (that could be included: NSDocument arch./NSSavePanel
delegate update...) or extensions.

This statement makes me very anxious.  Last month I sent a patch which
rectifies some behaviors of NSImageView, which is not specified by OpenStep
spec, but by Cocoa one.  Seemingly my contribution is not welcome and thus
ignored.  Sign.

Your patch was not ignored, in fact although it was not reported on savanah quite a few GNUstepers commented on it, and as far as I remember, you did change your patch over the time mainly due to some of the remarks. It is true, that after another personal insult from you, I did drop out of this discussion, as I have been through that with you before and did not want to repeat this experiance. But before I stated, that we need input from somebody with a MacOSX system, to find out, if the patch should be applied to NSImageView or NSImageCell. As there has never been any reply on this, I don't see a chance to find the right way to do it, and it surely is better to not change it, than to change it wrongly. At least in this specific case.

Fred