Fwd: non recursive makefiles

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Fwd: non recursive makefiles
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:48:58 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:48:34 +0800
Subject: Re: non recursive makefiles
To: Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk>

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:40:59 +0000 (GMT), Nicola Pero
<nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

> > Its just that I got used to hitting build in Projectcenter too much.
> > And with one of my projects build times are beginning to be slow
> > specially if I change only one line somewhere.
>
> Hmmm.  If it's something that I can have a look, send me the source and
> I'll have a look at the building machinery and see if I can see anything
> slowing it down.
>
> But there might be nothing we can do.
>
> Thanks

There nothing we can do actually. The source tree is deep and I have
to wait for the recursive invocations to unroll. I might try making
ProjectCenter generate somthing similar to the makefiles I used before
i started using ProjectCenter. I would like to turn that into
something like gnustep make but non recursive. Its still recursive
though. But by inclusion not invocation.

--
Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier
                                           John Davidorff Pell