Conference support (was Re: FOSDEM 2007 All developers Meeting)

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Conference support (was Re: FOSDEM 2007 All developers Meeting)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:34:56 +0100

Of couse, having a GNUstep Conference Stream would be very cool :)
How? Webcam + skype??? May FOSDEM provide a related infrastructure?

Yes, there will be WLAN provided by all.

I have an Asterisk server running connected to the Internet (fiber to the home, thus low latency).

I can create a Phone Conference "room" where people can join. For those calling in I need to create accounts, so I need to know who is calling in. And I think you need a "speaker phone" that can be placed in the conference room (with good echo cancellation).

Currently the server is placed behind my firewall so the only supported protocol is IAX2 and not SIP, but a simple download of iaxComm solves that issue.

If there is interest in this let me know and we can set this up and hopefully do some test before FOSDEM so we do not have much surprises. I am a bit unsure about the WLAN part. I did some tests with WLAN and International calls:
iaxComm - WLAN - Asterisk - PSTN - Asterisk - telephone
and was not very happy with the quality... but there are many parameters here that might have influenced the connection.

Let me know if this might be of help.

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw