Re: [DotGNU]A webservice game project ((TODO))

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A webservice game project ((TODO))
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:20:55 +0000

On Sunday 19 January 2003 15:58, Gopal V wrote:

> Minddog was suggesting an Xml IDE with pnet , that I think is more
> promising as it's a nice test of things ... And we do have to fix up the
> Jabber.net stuff before proceeding onto such things ...

One of the immediate things I want to get a handle on is connecting a Jabber
server to DGEE (in the same what that we do with apache?).
I know >< much about Jabber, so any help would be appreciated.

I understand that Jabber is conversational, ie messages flow back and forth
along an opened Jabber connection (unlike send, receive, exit with non
keep-alive http).

My reasons for trying to do this early are:
1. Might be dead difficult and need a lot of planning and some
re-architecting of the dgee internals before they get set in stone.
2. Breaks us away from the traditional HTTP transport and into a new area
where others have yet to tred.

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk