Re: smtp crap

From: joakim
Subject: Re: smtp crap
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:24:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>>         Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>>         address@hidden, address@hidden
>> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:33:33 +0200
>>
>> My unscientific analysis is that of all windows boxen I see during work
>> hours exactly everyone uses webmail in some form, and also some form of
>> Outlook mail client. People mostly use it to book meetings though.
>
> If Outlook can be used for meetings, it is configured to send mail.
> And that is all that matters in the context of this discussion.

Well I'm only relating my personal experience. Most developers I
described rather chew of their own arm than use the corporately provided
Outlook instance. Therefore they do not book meetings, they reply to
meeting bookings in a webmail client. Should they absolutely need to
book a meeting they first chew off their arm then book the meeting.

Anyway, I still can't understand why its absolutely necessary for Emacs
to use a traditional Mail agent to send a bugreport. To allow for that
feature, yes, that I do understand.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and come back only when I can provide a working
implementation.

--
Joakim Verona