[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:31:12 -0500

"Baris Eren" <address@hidden> writes:

> What I would like to have is a directory system for using simple
> text files with interesting wiki features. It should have as much
> features as possible and the usage should be simple and fast. I
> would like to use normal WikiWords for linking to other pages but
> also double brackets, e.g. [[New Wiki Link]] should create a new
> text file with the name New_Wiki_Link.txt or NewWikiLink.txt.

It isn't yet possible in emacs-wiki to be able to make a link like
[[New Link]] point to a file called `New_Link.txt'.  It will instead
point to `New Link', without the extension.

> I need this double brackets feature because sometimes I also want to
> link to single words like [[Words]], and I don't like the fact that
> I have to use WikiWords all the time. (btw all this is possible in
> WxWikiServer)

Emacs-wiki supports these sort of double bracket links.  The format is
[[link][description]].  The description may be omitted.  If the link
is an image, it is inlined.  The included texinfo manual might be of
further assistance.

If you really don't want wiki words to be highlighted or interpreted,
you could put something like the following in your configuration file.

  (setq emacs-wiki-name-regexp "!!!!!")

It's a bit of a rough hack, but what it does is only treat the "!!!!!"
string as a WikiWord.  Since this is highly unlikely to occur in real
life, the effect is to disable WikiWords.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug