Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:28:09 +0800

"Baris Eren" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using pyGTD, which needs only python and simple text files to manage
> my todo lists. It works fine. Here you can get pyGTD:
> http://96db.com/pyGTD/

I haven't try pyGTD yet. By reading the web page, the feature catch my
eyes is its corporation of Covey's Emergency and Importancy
principal. And I'm thinking get it into planner:

Say we have something like {{I=3,E=3,P=3}} in a task description,
where I, E, P stands for Importancy, Emergency, and Priority. Priority
is calculated from I and E, and we can set the category (A,B,C) of a
task by it's Priority automatically.

And we can integrate other planner features: if there's a Deadline
for a task, the Emergency can be a calculated value too, depending on
how many time are left/overdue. This way as the deadline become near,
one task can raise its Emergency, and Priority, and maybe raise from B
to A, all automatically. Cool? :)

Also maybe planner-timeclock-summary can do some summary about how
many time we spend on each quadrant (Franklin Covey's term).

Any comments?

--
Cheers,
Dryice