Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax

From: Torsten Anders
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:37:41 +0200

On 06.04.2006, at 10:35, Torsten Anders wrote:
you don't have to reinvent the wheel. See planner-schedule.el . ^_^

Unfortunately, its not quite what I'm after.

I put a little variation of planner-schedule.el at

        http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib

I simply accumulates the durations of all tasks in a buffer. That was my very first attempt in Emacs Lisp (involved quite some copying from John..). Is there perhaps a reference for the planner API? Using Emacs describe-function and friends only helps if you already know the function name..

Along that line, it would be great if for some child-project I could automatically accumulate these durations and insert the sum into some 'header-task' of the child-project
[snip]

Currently, I simply do that by hand. Would be nice to automate it. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Torsten

--