fmp-hackers

[fmp-hackers] Re: CVS checkins

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: [fmp-hackers] Re: CVS checkins
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:41:28 +0200

[put back to fmp-hackers]

               Hi Marco.

Marco Kuhlmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, this is strange; I will investigate this issue.

Just for your information, it still doesn't work.

> However, as a developer, you should not use anoncvs in the
> first place.

Oh yes, I know that.  The SSH method works now, I got the
sources.

> But commitinfo and the like cannot check the integrity of
> a new version of the system, as the new sources would need
> to be commited for that. :-) For this, we need to rely on
> our own responsibility.

My interpretation is that commitinfo looks at the working
copy, which should be functional (at least on the main
trunk) before the commit.  Isn't this what you want?  But I
may be mistaken, having never used it myself...

One more comment: you had to put the copyright notice to the
beginning of every file.  But these are literal programs,
and we don't want the notices appear in the typeset output.
Perhaps we should change from bird track style to \begin-\end
style, and \begin{hide} them?  Or do you have a better idea?

                                         Feri.