fmp-hackers

Re: [fmp-hackers] CVS checkins

From: Marco Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [fmp-hackers] CVS checkins
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 11:35:30 +0100

* Ferenc Wagner <address@hidden> (2002-09-08 00:08:30 +0200):

> Well, I don't know how a literate preprocessor would tolerate
> the <'s at the line beginnings.

I agree hat if we would go for XML, then we would probably have
to use an external unliterator (an XSL stylesheet, for example).
In the presence of the proper Makefiles, this should not cause to
much trouble however.

> Hmm... I have to admit that I'm not too fond of writing XML.
> It's syntax is far too bloated.  But it is standard, so I'm
> willing to learn one more Emacs mode.

I agree that XML is not a beautiful language.  However, it is
much more portable than TeX.  (Which is not a beautiful language
either from the syntactic point of view.)  Syntax always sucks.

> We will lose pretty printing --- oh dear.  Maybe it's causing
> more confusion than it's worth.

No, we could still process the tangled programs with lhs2TeX.

    - Marco