fmp-hackers

Re: [fmp-hackers] CVS checkins

From: Marco Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [fmp-hackers] CVS checkins
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:35:08 +0100

* Ferenc Wagner <address@hidden> (2002-09-07 17:41:16 +0200):

> I don't see why it would help.  But I have a little trick
> which works with MMM-mode quite well (not perfect, but
> viable = I use it).  It is exercised by

Oh, now I understand what you mean: You do not want the copyright
notice to appear in the documentation.

I strongly support literate programming, but frankly speaking, I
am not much in favour for LaTeX as the formatting language for
the documentation.  It seems to me that a format like DocBook for
example would be a much better choice, as it is more declarative
and can more easily be translated into other formats (info pages,
man pages, PDF, HTML, and all the rest).

Using MMM (which I did not know before; thank you) it should be
quite easy to embed the Haskell code into XML documents.  What do
you think?

    - Marco