freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] ** FR: Entering Freeze Phase **

From: Gilles Filippini
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] ** FR: Entering Freeze Phase **
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:10:18 +0100

Laurent Julliard wrote:

[snip]
> My problem is that I cannot manage to make the latest release work on
> Linux for the moment. I have problems with 'include Fox' missing or
> not being at theright place in the code and I don;t understand why you
> guys do not have the same problem on Windows.
>
> I have updated my Linux box with FOX 1.0.26, FXRuby 1.0.14 and
> fxscintilla 1.49 (all latest releases) and I still have problem with
> unresolved symbols. What version do you have all of you on the ML?
>
> I think we need to document which version of FOX, FXRuby and
> FXScintilla is supported before releasing FR.

I've just updated my freeride working copy from cvs. I've encountered
two problems so far:

1- YAML
Freeride complained about redist/yaml.rb. This file seems to be
automagicaly generated. It contains an hard coded path for racc and
that's what the error message complains about.
I've had to install libyaml-ruby (debian package) and remove
redist/yaml.rb to get rid of this error.

2- DatabusInspector plugin
The DatabusInspector plugin fails to load with the following message:
 undefined superclass `FXDialogBox'
 ./plugins/DatabusInspector/DatabusInspector.rb:42
 ./freebase/plugin.rb:187:in `require'
 ./freebase/plugin.rb:187:in `load'
 [snip]

Laurent, is it the same problem you've been encountered?

Here is my config:
- Debian GNU/Linux (sarge)
- ruby 1.6.7
- Fox 1.0.26