freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] ** FR: Entering Freeze Phase **

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] ** FR: Entering Freeze Phase **
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:30:51 +0100

Curt Hibbs wrote:
Laurent Julliard wrote:

All,

After Rich has posted his major rework of FR core I think we should
now enter the feature freeze phase. So I strongly suggest that in
order to proper the first official release we do the following:

a) Do not commit any new feature (at all!)
b) Intensively test all FR features
c) Test FR on as many platform as possible (win32 variants, Linux,
others...)

I do agree with this, but I first I want to ask about two issues that I
haven't seen/heard resolution:

- What are we doing with ripper? Distributing it with FreeRIDE?

I was thinking of including it with FR in redist/i686-linux and redist/i686-win32 (I have already prepared this in my working copy).

- Where are we with the Windows problem with popen3 & the debugger?

I have a workaround which uses a simple popen adn redirect stderr to stdout for the time being. Not nice but it works.

My problem is that I cannot manage to make the latest release work on Linux for the moment. I have problems with 'include Fox' missing or not being at theright place in the code and I don;t understand why you guys do not have the same problem on Windows.

I have updated my Linux box with FOX 1.0.26, FXRuby 1.0.14 and fxscintilla 1.49 (all latest releases) and I still have problem with unresolved symbols. What version do you have all of you on the ML?

I think we need to document which version of FOX, FXRuby and FXScintilla is supported before releasing FR.

Laurent

Curt