Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 22:42:26 +0900

Dear Sirs,

Sorry for lated response.

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:14:56 +0200
address@hidden (Christian Demmer) wrote:
>address@hidden wrote:
>>I want to do. I have MacOS 9.2 + MacOS X 10.0 + MacOS 10.1
>>+ MacOS 10.3 machine. Unfortunately, I have no developer
>>kit for MacOS 9. Any recommendation what I have to buy?
>
>No need to buy anything. Just get MPW from Apple. It's free.
><http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/>
>
>Be sure to apply the latest updates (Updated MPW Components) since the
>last release is from 2001. There is no new release because Apple does
>not actively support it anymore.

Excuse me, please let me ask fundamental question: MPW or CodeWarrior
are required to compile ftmac.c? There are 3 building control files
in FreeType tree:

* freetype2/builds/mac/freetype.make    is for MPW
* freetype2/builds/mac/ftlib.prj        is for CodeWarrior
* freetype2/base/Jamfile                is cross platform,
                                        but ftmac.c is quoted for MPW

Could I compile ftmac.c via UNIX style configure/make process?

Regards,
mpsuzuki