Re: [ft-devel] Porting Free Type on 8 Bit platform!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Porting Free Type on 8 Bit platform!
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:52:49 +0200 (CEST)

> I want to know that, Is it possible to port freetype2 on 8 bit platform
> like 8 Bit microcontrollers based on 8051 core or 8 Bit Rabbit
> processors?

You mean that all registers and operators are based on 8bit entities?
This won't work with FreeType unless you have a library which emulates
16bit support.  Note that compilation on 16bit systems isn't tested
very well, and recent additions might have broken a clean build.
Nevertheless, the fixes should be trivial since we try hard to avoid
dependencies on a certain register depth to make FreeType work on 16,
32, and 64bit architectures.