Re: [ft-devel] Porting Free Type on 8 Bit platform!

From: Kiran Mahajan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Porting Free Type on 8 Bit platform!
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:22:12 +0530

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 09:52 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > I want to know that, Is it possible to port freetype2 on 8 bit platform
> > like 8 Bit microcontrollers based on 8051 core or 8 Bit Rabbit
> > processors?
>
> You mean that all registers and operators are based on 8bit entities?
yes all registers and operators are 8bit.

> This won't work with FreeType unless you have a library which emulates
> 16bit support.  Note that compilation on 16bit systems isn't tested
> very well, and recent additions might have broken a clean build.
i don't want to have support for all fonts but if i can compile it for a
single font like say BDF that would be great!

> Nevertheless, the fixes should be trivial since we try hard to avoid
> dependencies on a certain register depth to make FreeType work on 16,
> 32, and 64bit architectures.
can u elaborate more on register dependency of freetype? (i guess it
would be for computational purpose)

--
Thanks and Regards!!

Kirankumar S. Mahajan
Project Engineer(Embedded Systems)

GIST group,
Center for Development of Advanced Computing,
Pune.
eMail: address@hidden
Ph. No.: (020) 25694000 Extn: 223