gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations
Date: 18 Feb 2004 08:09:04 +0200

> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:25:10 -0600
> From: Benjamin Kosnik <address@hidden>
>
> I propose that the steering committee specifically try to include
> representatives from the different communities which gdb serves.
> Those communities include, off the top of my head:
> * current gdb maintainers
> * GNU/Linux, including kernel developers
> * other free operating systems
> * embedded users
> * c++ developers
> * java developers
> * ada developers
> * the Eclipse community
> * developers of very large programs
> * developers of threaded or otherwise concurrent programs

IMVHO, we should try to exclude active GDB maintainers from the
committee.  Given the fallout from the incident(s) that led to these
discussions, I think the committee's membership should be as remote
as possible from any doubts regarding their objectivity; including
people some of whom were involved in the kind of personal conflicts
that led to this would go against that, IMHO.

That is not to say that I don't trust GDB maintainers nominated for
the committee, but as we all know, sometimes justice needs to be seen,
not only done.