gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations

From: Ian Lance Taylor
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations
Date: 18 Feb 2004 09:01:55 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> IMVHO, we should try to exclude active GDB maintainers from the
> committee.  Given the fallout from the incident(s) that led to these
> discussions, I think the committee's membership should be as remote
> as possible from any doubts regarding their objectivity; including
> people some of whom were involved in the kind of personal conflicts
> that led to this would go against that, IMHO.

I see where you are coming from, but I think that the steering
committee does need to have some people paying close attention to the
direction that the gdb source code is taking.  I think it would be
hard to do that with no regular gdb maintainers at all.

I admit that I don't know how to reconcile the two positions.

Ian