Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:50:07 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

It looks ok, but what kind of thread support does it have? Is it possible to
store the state of the execution and restore it afterwards?
TEA is reentrant, and I use it at that at my job. The "states" are possible to save as I have a "Context" class where all variable data is located and these are again "streamable" (or will be, as I don't use this feature yet).

But I quess that the state information also need to be stores in the glob2 type that one can manipulate from the script (or C++) api.

Actually I where aiming at a type-safe lisp with a different syntax.
Ahh, I newer get use to lisp :-) I really like emacs, but I get dizzy when I look into there script base :-)

TEA is a clone of differant ideas, syntax is a little like C, variable syntax from ML, and I have a special kind of type system and it is extreamly typesafe (no indirect conversions at all). My primary mutivation to make the language was to be able to evaluate as much of the script before starting executing it, as this was a needed feature.

It is work in progress, and I am working at impl. the executer as a small stack machine, as the current executer is a bit slow (half speed as python). All the language is written in C++ :-)

The thread model is not critical as long as it can be implemented in a
deterministic way, and the state of the virtual machine can be saved/reloaded.
I quess that this is possible, if I understand you right.

An other scripting language will very likely be a post-1.0 feature.
I quessed that. I liked the idea to impl. TEA in glob2 as the language will become more mature, and I can get to know this funny game's inner working.

/BL