Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:56:27 +0200

Martin Nyffenegger wrote:

Little thought about scripting. If speed is an issue, and language also:
Why dont we simply design a C++ framework ?

I like that, but why not make a C++ and a script framework that works alike (the script part is build upon the C++ part).

Then all Glob2 elements in the framework need to be persistable, but the script language need not to know of that !

From the point of view of the script, Glob2 could the be seen as a library, and the script compiled with gcc. The compiled script can then be dynamically loaded at runtime. Serialisation of objects is possible, so the state can be saved/ restored ...

Agree.

Since my idea of having a very easy understandable scripting language seems to be abandoned anyway ...

Hmm, have not seen this mail thread sorry :-(

What is "easy understandable" in you opinion (python) ?

/BL