Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:11:24 +0200

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:40:50AM +0200, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> I'm not really keen on adding more GUIs in the main repository. In fact,
> I'd like to remove some, as they all have to be updated whenever the
> interface changes (and there are already six fully-fledged GUIs plus the
> dump gui), or they get out of date and leave Gnash's codebase in a mess.
>
> You might also consider keeping it in a separate repository (which may
> be a good idea for some existing but less-used GUIs) and maintaining it
> there. If you want to do that (and again, if there are no licensing
> problems), I should think we can provide links and info to that
> repository.
>
> What do other devs think?

I think we should be happy to include any gui code in main repository
as long as the author is willing to maintain it. The alternative would
at the moment be much harder to deal with by the contributor point
of view (no api defined).  Copyright of the code should be assigned
to the FSF for this to be effective.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!