Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:27:53 +0200

Benjamin Wolsey ha scritto:
1) must use gnash 0.8.5 trunk?

Patches against bzr trunk only, please.

ok. no problem.
There is a changelog of the latest changes against the 0.8.5 release?
If there are no licensing conflicts with the GPLv3 it may be possible,
though maintenance would be your responsibility (or any other AmigaOS
users).

there are no problems against GPLv3 and however main patches are already there and maybe used by other os (like that one for OS2 and curl)
I'm not really keen on adding more GUIs in the main repository. In fact,
I'd like to remove some, as they all have to be updated whenever the
interface changes (and there are already six fully-fledged GUIs plus the
dump gui), or they get out of date and leave Gnash's codebase in a mess.

why not separate the gui folders in a subfolders?
for example

gui
----gtk
----win32
----sdl
----amiga

and so on

it could be simply to handle also in a future and also simply to remove something
is just an idea

You might also consider keeping it in a separate repository (which may
be a good idea for some existing but less-used GUIs) and maintaining it
there. If you want to do that (and again, if there are no licensing

you mean the GUI or the entire gnash? however some changes to the configure and to the makefile should be done, otherwise there is no support at all and i can work like now on my mac locally..

Andrea Palmateè
http://www.amigasoft.net