Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:34:46 -0700

Michael Carlson wrote:

same actionscript file but in a version 6 flash file, not everything
works under my array code in gnash. Specifically, several things that
in the test "should" come out as "undefined", come out as a blank
string, or sometimes "null". I think all of the other things work ok.

  Interesting...

Before I start digging into this problem, is there anything obvious
you know of that might be the cause of this? Do we actually check in
gnash the version number of the flash file and behave differently
regarding actionscript? What is the big difference between flash 6 and
7? I never knew much about flash and was never a flash author before,
so I'm still learning about all of this.

You and me both. :-) What I know of Flash is from working on GameSWF. There are differing behaviors based on the format of the movie, so it will unfortunately be important to check the version. You can use the global variable in impl.cpp, movie_version, to check the version. You can see two places in place object where reading the next event or actionscript from the byte stream of the movie changes from 16bit to 32bit.

        - rob -