Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays

From: Nicolas Cannasse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:57:58 +0100

Michael Carlson wrote:
On 1/21/06, strk <address@hidden> wrote:

Michael, I'm adding your test cases to gnash.
Can the test be simplified to version 6 ?
I'd like tests to be buildable with Ming and I think
we should test version 6 things first.

--strk;

I can compile it as version 6 with mtasc, if that's what you mean.
Just add a "-version 6" switch when compiling. Curiously, using the
same actionscript file but in a version 6 flash file, not everything
works under my array code in gnash. Specifically, several things that
in the test "should" come out as "undefined", come out as a blank
string, or sometimes "null". I think all of the other things work ok.

FYI, -version 6 in MTASC will target the Player 6r89 which is a late release of the FP6 series. The version adds two opcodes which are "Extends" and "Implements". The first one is fixing a bug with prototype inheritance where sometimes super methods get called two times, and the second one is used in order to have "instanceof" work with interfaces.

However this shouldn't affect te Array test cases.

Nicolas