Re: [Gnu-arch-users] hook questions

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] hook questions
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:06:02 -0800

On Jan 14, 2004, at 13:03, James Blackwell wrote:

Are you aware of parse-package-name?

[..]
case "`tla parse-package-name --package-version $ARCH_REVISION`" in
[..]

        Um, am now.  :)  Thanks, that makes my hook quite a bit less ugly.

Since the default output of parse-package-name provide the exact output I need for what I'm doing, I'm trying to decide whether it would better to have the stuff pre-parsed for hooks. In order to get the four parts of the revision variable that's passed in separated, I'd have to write four lines of hook and fork four times.

This does, at least help me greatly with the one thing I was looking at, though. Thanks.

--
Dustin Sallings