Re: Package format/management ramblingss

From: Wolfgang Jaehrling
Subject: Re: Package format/management ramblingss
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:15:46 +0200

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:42:45PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> One thing you didn't address how pre/post script should be handled;
> scripts that have to be run during/after installation/deinstallation.

What exactly are these needed for?  (Maybe we don't need them at all?)

> I am thinking of how this would be handled for now, the only solution
> I see is to write this translator (which Wolfgang would like to be
> called `kitten') right now.  I might do this if nobody else does;
> shouldn't be hard.

If you implement it as a read-only translator, it is not hard.  It
becomes more interesting if you want to allow the user to edit the
concatenated (conkittenated? :-)) file.  I had an idea how to best do
this; if you want, I can elaborate on that.

Cheers,
Wolfgang

--
Yin and Yang as a 32-bit integer = 7277055