Re: A proposed Roadmap

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: A proposed Roadmap
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 03:00:11 +0200

         The Linux development is managed by a person who doesnt agree
         with the ideals of the free software movement. I cannot trust
         that person. AFAIK the copyright holder for Solaris is SUN. I
         cannot trust that company.

      This is also the main reason I want a GNU kernel. I have an idea of
      what is a free software and this idea is not "shared" by
      Linus. Linus is concentrating in the technical aspect only whereas
      I want something 100% free. Off course, something free but not
      working is pretty useless ;)

   Linux can be made 100% free (see gNewSense for example), so this is
   not a useful argument against Linux.

The current linux kernel licencing does not guarantee it.
Furthermore, gNewSense seems "dead" or at least, it did not
attract many people. Is that still the case ?

   As for who the copyright holder is for what, I think that is a minor
   point, the FSF is not the copyright holder of all pieces of the GNU
   project.  It isn't even the sole copyright holder of GNU Mach, and
   parts of the Hurd.

Oh ! I thought that one of the main advantage for a project to be
part of the GNU was that the FSF was the sole copyright holder in
case of any GPL violation.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org