Re: [open-cobol-list] Another open source cobol

From: David Essex
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Another open source cobol
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:10:51 -0500

First let me say that I have no issues open, closed source or intermixing the two.

Erez Schatz wrote:
... For the record, this is, indeed, fully complient with the GPL license.

I'm not a lawyer, but in my view, the terms 'freely available' and 'upon an email request' are subject to interpretation.

Secondly, according to the post on the OC forum by 'The COBOL-IT Staff',
> We have thoroughly debugged and now support our version of VBISAM
VBISAM is distributed under the LGPL license.

Version '1.2.6' includes the VC library 'vbisam20.lib', but no source code or link. Is this fully compliant with the LGPL license ?