Re: eGovOS conference in D.C.; I'm not attending that

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: eGovOS conference in D.C.; I'm not attending that
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:51:29 +0100

Le Samedi 08 Février 2003 20:06, Stanley A. Klein a écrit :
> About how many political campaigns I've been in, lets see.  My first
> campaign was in 1956 for Adlai Stevenson.  The only one I've missed since
> then was in 1960, when I was returning from 6 months Army active duty for
> training.  I called the Kennedy people to volunteer and they said they had
> all the help they needed.   From 1962 to 1967 we were involved in every
> election that took place in Baltimore County, where we lived at the time.
> We moved to Rockville in the late 1960's and have been involved in most
> Rockville elections since then, and all of them since about 1985.  That's a
> ("nonpartisan") election every two years unrelated to the Presidential or
> the state/county "off year" long ballot election.  Either I or my wife have
> been a precinct chair in our area (for the regular "partisan" elections)
> since about 1968.  It's hard to figure individual campaigns, because we are
> usually involved in several in any given election.

It does not prevent you from making judgment errors. We are all humans after
all. In the hacker world, we all listen to each other and build our own
judgement, from one continent to another. The world does not stem to
Washington D.C. Furthermore, obviously, your opinion is not supported by
others. The simple fact that Microsoft speaks at an open-source meeting is a
large victory for them. You should consider our point of view more closely.

Cheers, Jean-Michel