Re: Call for boycot

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: Re: Call for boycot
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:45:04

At 08:22 PM 2/11/2003 +0800, Immanuel Raja Jeyaraj wrote:
>Calling a rep from M$ to speak, there is nothing wrong. Why didn't they
>call any one from IBM, HP, DELL who are inclined towards open-source then
>M$ is? This really surprise me.

The entire list of speakers is available at
http://www.egovos.org/march-2003/agenda.html

The speakers in the same category as Microsoft include:

Corporate Open Source Perspectives Track

 1.Jason Matusow, Microsoft, Shared Source: The Microsoft Perspective
[Abstract]
 2.Michael Tiemann, Red Hat,
 3.Merry Beekman, Red Hat,
 4.Stormy Peters, Hewlett-Packard, The Business and Economics of Linux and
Open
    Source [Abstract]
 5.Dave Boutcher, IBM, Managing Open Source and Proprietary in one
Organization
    [Abstract]
 6.Mary Ann Fisher, IBM,
 7.K.S.(Doc) Shankar, IBM, Linux Security - What's now? What's next?
[Abstract]
 8.Dr. Ernest Prabhakar, Apple, Mac OS X: The Open Alternative [Abstract]
 9.Whit Diffie, SUN, Security
10.Danese Cooper, SUN, OpenOffice/StarOffice/MadHatter/Liberty Alliance
11.Farrukh Najmi, SUN Microsystems, and Joseph Potvin, Public Works and
Government
    Services Canada, An Open Source ebXML Registry for eGov [Abstract]
12.Mary Ann Davidson, Oracle, Security
13.Tim Solm, DELL [Invited]
14.Rick Jones, Intel [Invited]

Note that invited speakers are marked "invited" and speakers who submitted
abstracts and got them accepted are marked "abstract."  I don't know if the
unmarked speakers applied or were invited.  Perhaps they are panelists or
debaters.

Stan Klein