Re: Call for boycot

From: Immanuel Raja Jeyaraj
Subject: Re: Call for boycot
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:38:14 +0800 (SGT)

Thank you Stanley for the list. Sorry I never so it before.

I don't see there is any thing wrong in inviting M$. All this commercial
organisation will be presenting articles for their benefits that includes
RedHat also.

What I am worried is that the world will not see the real objective of
Open source (Free software) or why it exists on the first place.

As a free software (open source) users and participants we should think of
means to counter this. Is boycot the only way? If Yes, then let us do it.
But why not use this as an opportunity to make our point through. Why not
one or two of us present a paper and talk on what open source is and how
it will really benefit governments and what are the benefits of Opensource
over other models.

Immi