Re: perl TeXinfo docs emacs

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: perl TeXinfo docs emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 01:57:53 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-10-24, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> this is _dynamic_:
>
> modul="Data::Dumper";                                    # whatever
> installed modul  you want

Above, you use precompiled files.  Probably, you just do not know you
use them?

> perldoc -oHTML $modul >/tmp/doc.html;          # no need for
> precompiled files

You just precompiled the file...

> w3m /tmp/doc.html;                                           # or
> firefox or lynx or ...emacs

Let me repeat it from the preceeding message (which had messed

>> ... same as with any other format...

> nope!

???

I give up.  After 3 or 4 messages, you still did not manage to explain
what it is exactly what you want.

  is it: Perl module and Perl-proper installations would run pod2texi
  for you transparently, and install them where info-mode can find them?

>> If true, this may be easily circumvented.

> Plz show me how!

Look where info.el stores parsed 'dir' files, and reset the cache.

Yours,
Ilya