help-gnu-music

Re: text questions

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: text questions
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:02:13 +0200

David Petrou wrote:

> > I find it really surprising that you, after finding the two
> > examples, didn't think of combining them into
> >
> > \property Voice.TextScript \set #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . 4)
>
> Rune, there are many "reasonable" things I could have tried, and none
> seemed more likely to work than another.

Whoops, I wasn't attacking you in any way (just scroll half a year back and
read some of my first postings :-) ) - I was just surprised.

> Let me give you another example.  After using your "\consists
> Instrument_name_engraver" command (works great, thanks), I saw that I
> needed to shift the instrument name.  To me, it's reasonable to try:
>
>   \property PianoStaff.instrument \set #'extra-offset = #'(3 . 3)

I'm a bit in a hurry, bit if you replace instrument with InstrumentName, I
think it should work.
The easy solution, ofcourse (the one, I use) is to add spaces to the end. use
"Keyboard   " instead of "Keyboard".

> Of course, that doesn't work.  What's agonizing is that I'm sure the
> correct command is something very close.  :)

:)

-Rune