help-gnu-music

Re: text questions

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: text questions
Date: 23 Apr 2001 10:22:56 +0200

David Petrou <address@hidden> writes:

[combining two of your mails]

> > \property Voice.TextScript \set #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . 4)

> Rune, there are many "reasonable" things I could have tried, and none
> seemed more likely to work than another.

Ok.  Ideally, this should be an obvious thing.  'extra-offset is, just
as 'padding is, a Grob property.

> > Comment on the manual: A few weeks ago there was discussion on the
> > order of topics in the manual.  I think it was Mats that suggested
> > that things like the definition of engraver, interpretation, contexts,
> > etc. should go toward the beginning.

It can be hard for us to determine what concepts should be explained
better in the (beginning of) the manual.  Maybe we could try to make a
list of things that should at least be mentioned at the start of the
manual, or things that should be explained better in the tutorial?

Jan.