Re: gnus scoring insanity

From: notbob
Subject: Re: gnus scoring insanity
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:37:49 -0600

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:45:08 -0600, notbob@bb.nothome.com wrote:

> You can if you want to - if you don't you can use the commands listed in
> the manual.

Here's an amazing fact.  Of all the commands I've learned and
currently use in gnus, not a single one of them have I found in the
manual.

>> All of it!  What current score file?
>
> The score file that is currently in use, is how I interpret it.
>
>> Does it have an actual name and location?
>
> That depends on whether it exists, as it says above. If it doesn't, it
> doesn't have a name and location until created.
>
>> Does gnus create it or am I supposed to guess about that issue again?
>
> Depends on what you want, I guess.
>
>> If I am, I need to know the file name to create and where. I don't.
>
> So, use the commands in the manual.

Who's on first!

Tell me true.  Did you write this manual?  ;)

> ..... it kind of almost makes sense.

That's reassuring, almost.

> Written many reference manuals, have you? :-)

Surprisingly, I have, and I know garbage when I read it.  That paragraph
is absurd.  It reads like it was written by someone in la-la land and
conveys no useable information.

> Ditto. I'm sure you would get less annoying replies if you wrote less
> annoying rants.

no doubt.  ;)

nb