libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Libreboot x200 vs. ThinkPenguin

From: Peter Platek
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Libreboot x200 vs. ThinkPenguin
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:35:17 -0400

> <http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2015/02/23/the-truth-about-purism-why-librem-is-not-the-same-as-libre/>

Here is Purism's answer to the coreboot's blog: https://puri.sm/posts/about-purism-and-librems-and-cake/

So far they seem to say all the right things, but I guess we should wait to see if they will get FSF's endorsement
(and, at least for me, for the Canadian dollar to go up against the USD)

On 23 July 2015 at 21:33, Sergio Durigan Junior <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thursday, July 23 2015, Rudolf wrote:

> the Librem machines offered here are pretty good: https://puri.sm/librem-13/

I might be wrong about it, but I've always had a strange feeling about
Librem and Purism.  It seems they are not really concerned about user
freedom; I worry about the amount of hardware requiring proprietary
stuff in their notebooks, and I've read a post from one of coreboot's
core developers raising some interesting points:

  <http://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/2015/02/23/the-truth-about-purism-why-librem-is-not-the-same-as-libre/>

I prefer to stay in the safe side and go with Gluglug or Thinkpenguin,
at least for now.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36