Re: Critical issues

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Critical issues
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:06:45 +0200 (CEST)

Issue  881: Arpeggios may collide with laissezVibrer ties

According to the bug tracker, v2.11.19's output is what to aim for.

Neil gave the fix:

(define-public (laissez-vibrer::print grob)
  (ly:tie::print grob))

(then add laissez-vibrer::print to pure-print-callbacks)

But he has not done a regtest check.

///

How do one do a regtest?
I remember there were discussion about this a while ago, but doing a
quick search (regtest check lilypond) did not turn up anything useful,
except [1] and [2].

[1]
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/checking-and-verifying-issues
[2] http://lilypond.org/test/

Perhaps it should be documented, maybe it already are.

Doing "info ./Documentation/out/lilypond-contributor.info-1" I find:

  8.1 Introduction to regression tests

  The regression tests are automatically compiled using special `make'
  targets.  The output of the regression tests is also automatically

So, what targets?
The targets test* seems to have something with the regression directory
to do, but I don't understand how to do a comparision to a known good set.

. Do we have a known good set?
. If so, how do I compare current output with it?

Regards,
/Karl